Pages

Hadith of the Update

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas,

The Prophet said, "There are two blessings which many people lose : (They are) Health and free time for doing good."

[Bukhari. Volume 8, Book 76, Number 421]

Quote of the Update

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.

-George Orwell

Monday, February 24, 2014

Give And Gain ; Teach And Learn

Please watch this. It may change your life.

Peace be upon you. Hey guys. How are you? I hope it's as good as I am or maybe even better. n_n   I'm seriously in a good mood. Holidays do that to everyone don't they? XD   I' m currently enjoying my final holiday in second year and just imagine, it's only for a week. Sob sob. Anyway, I had done a lot of fun things in these past few days and the most worth mentioning, the Big Bad Wolf (BBW) Fireball Sale. Wuuu. It was really cool, one place full of many cheap books. Readers' heaven I must say. If only I came by car, I might have bought 50 or more books in one swoop, seriously. The books are that cheap and rare. This kind of book fest should be more popularised throughout the country. Baru ada kick. Haha.

Alamak, dah melalut pulak. Haha. Let's get back to the topic. The title is actually inspired by a motto I learnt in a fasilitator training I went to a few months back. *Ya ke? Lebih kuranglah kot* The motto is, I give therefore I gain, I teach therefore I learn. Nicely put isn't it. Anyhow, the motto is totally not the reason behind this post I'm writing.

I told you I went to BBW sale right? There, a few friends gave me lots of things. One gave me books, one spends her time with me by becoming my feeless tour guide, some even offered me to stay at their house and many more. All of that was given or offered without me asking. They merely came out of sincere politeness. Thank you so much to these people. *I hope all of you are reading this* These gifts and offers I got made me think, people give me a lot of things and I give a lot too. A lot less. XD   How people can be so thoughtful of me and how thoughtless I am of them. Teruk gila ko. *shooking my head* Therefore, this post is written.

I thought to myself, I cannot be so selfish. I end up buying a few souvenirs for my siblings, treated my friend to lunch and yada yada yada. It felt good. It really felt as if I gain something by giving. As a matter of fact, it made me realise, it's the joy of sharing things through blogging that keeps me writing here. Sharing, giving, more or less the same isn't it? n_n   It's the joy that  matters.

So, here I am, to invite you to give, share, offer, whatever the words are. You don't have to give much. Anything is fine. What you give, you will definitely gain it back in other forms which might be even more valuable. You give a pencil and you get back a teacher? You give a piece of bread to a beggar and you get back more pieces of bread later on? Something like the video above might happen you know, paying for the kid's medication and food, which are affordable to you, and in the end he paid you back for your meds which are many folds more expensive than what you gave. Who knows. XD  


You see. During my school days, I was a mentor for English subject. *Not bragging here, just sharing experience n_n* English is a very hard subject for me and I seriously have trouble understanding some grammar rules. It took me years to understand is are was were, the ing, ed and other God only knows thingies. Just when I thought I had understand, came another words or sentences that confused me and I had to start all over again to understand them. Susah derHowever, I tried my best to explain to my friends and you know what happened? The basic grammar suddenly makes sense to me and it feels a bit easier to understand. I teach therefore I gain is a true and possible in many ways. So, next time you find it hard to understand anything, why not try teaching it to your friends? *angkat kening ^_^*

The conclusion is, you never lose when you give. You always gain, gain and gain. Therefore, don't be afraid to give. n_n   Plus, if you expect people to give you things, people expect you to give them things too. Something mutual.  Let's make this world a better place by practicing something as simple as this. Mata ne.

P/s: It's my first post fully written using my tablet. Hard work. XD


~Jaw~

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...